NZCS has organized and participated in several expeditions to
the interior of Suriname.
Most of the specimens and data collected during these
expeditions were incorporated in the NZCS collections and
databases and the
relevant reports can be found in the Library of the NZCS.
Among the larger expeditions were:
- The Coeroeni-Sipaliwini-Apalagadi expedition (funded by
- The Tapanahony expedition (funded by WOTRO)
- The Oelemarie expedition (funded by the World Wildlife
- The Tafelberg expedition (funded by the Suriname
- The Upper-Coppename Aquarap,
organized by Conservation International